A friend's grandfather had just died and she was about to leave work early. A colleague asked her,
"What, you are leaving now? What for?"
Here is a list of possible answers to this kind of question:
1. To try and resurrect him. I actually have a good success ratio. Here is my card.
2. Don't tell anyone, but my grandfather was the head of Free Masonry. I have to go and make sure our world domination plan carries out as agreed.
3. No reason, just feel like goofing off. Next week that we take inventory I'll off my grandma.
4. We have a family tradition that goes back thousands of years; to eat the bodies of our deceased loved ones. He was my favourite grandpa. Wouldn't want to miss out on that. He had always been so... um... soft.
5. *in an irritated, exasperated manner, as if explaining something to an idiot:* And who's going to open the mouth of his mummy, smart ass? Do you happen to know the ritual?
6. We're prone to turning into vampires from that part of my family and you just wouldn't believe how good I am with a stake.
7. What are you talking about? I need human brains for a potion! This is my chance! Next week is full moon!
8. Oh, it is just a perfect opportunity to unchain my grandma and finally release her from the closet before anyone else sees.
9. Because he has beat me in every single game of poker we've ever played! I'm gonna stand over his grave and yell, "who's the lucky one now, motherfucker?!?"
10. It is just that I have no money for the dentist with the present crisis and all, so it would be a good idea to get his false teeth before someone else does, you know? It's called persevering.
11. Uh... Um... I like, um, don't get this the wrong way, *blushes and starts fidgeting with her clothes* I just, um, just like being around dead people, you know? I guess, um, I guess it is not that unnatural, is it?
12. *Starts bawling hysterically* He was my sweetheart! My sweet sugar granddaddy! He was the one who turned me into a proper woman!
13. I don't know if in your family you turn your dead relatives into compost, but very generally speaking, there is a thing called funeral.
14. I actually don't want to go and it it is very convenient that you propose to go in my stead. Don't worry, I'll call grandma and explain to her I've been through sex change. Her eyesight is not what it used to be so it will be fine. Here is the address. Thank you so much, you are an angel, a life saver!