Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Writing again...

It is more than welcome, although it comes out in an unusual way. Old characters are re-introduced in my head and sometimes I am not sure to what direction they mean to go or what they want to say. Aubrey is back, George and William are back (secondary characters, total cutthroats but very interesting) and Sergios is also back. Edward, Aubrey's "father" is also re-introduced. I am trying to listen to what they have to say. It's not always easy. I think I know them but I don't really know them anymore. They have changed since 2003 that I began writing their stories. I still have the old stories but cannot use them, they are not valid anymore. And I had done such a good job back then, at least plot-wise. But I should not fret. The plot will be better now because I am a better writer. And there is total freedom concerning what I can do. That world is mine, the characters are mine, and I can even introduce characters from other stories since they all live in that same world. It's a matter of finding my rhythm again, and getting re-acquainted with the characters.

(I am sure this entry will bore people to tears, but it's OK. I never made the blog for other people to begin with.)

I wonder what will happen to this blog if I ever manage to get my stories published. I will probably have to disassociate it from my name. What joy.
Speaking of names, I am trying to find a pseudonym for me. I like Elizabeth, but Vasilaki is not exactly the easiest surname. Any ideas? I am trying to avoid the too obvious ones like "Desdemona Ravencrow" and "Lucretia Deathrain". (Or as a friend said: "Petronella Deathpanties". xD) I want it to sound like a surname that does exist, but a tiny pun would not be unwelcome. At the same time it needs to be small as Elizabeth is four syllables long. 
If I don't manage to come with any good ideas I'll just keep "V-" as it brings to my mind a lot of pleasant associations (V for Vendetta, vampire, the Latin number 5 -which is my number- and V, as in vampire blood from True Blood).
Right. Off I go to write. Be more interesting than poor ol' me, as I am too busy to do anything more interesting right now.

1 comment:

Bruno said...

Basically know the feeling, although I have always had lots of voices within my mind, only two or three people identiefed themselves and allowed me to know a bit of them... I do suppose that even to people within our minds and souls I am not that good!