Monday, May 21, 2012

Messy business



I am not sure why I keep bothering when there is nothing there to see.
There is so little time.
Humans keep wasting it in ways that defy not just common sense but stupidity itself.
There is nothing there.
Nothing.

Time flies.
The beautiful men and women I see in photos will be reduced to sacks of failing meat in a matter of years.
I will be reduced to a sack of failing meat in a matter of years.
And when this happens people think the youth we claim to have possessed was only in our minds.
Don't you realise?

And once more I look inside.
Every time I interact with others I get so exasperated I am always forced to do the same, look inside.
And no-one can compare to what is inside.
Nothing on the outside can begin to compare with it.

And I get mad.
And it's pointless.
And I grow anxious.
And it's useless.
And I see the same faces waving at me once more.
In the same order.
Desire, Creativity and Death.
Fucking hell.
Not again.



And then I get depressed.
But I am too proud to let depression get the better of me.
Okay then. Let's play.
Give it your best shot.

Let me pretend I am amused.
Let me pretend I am impressed.
Let me pretend I give a fuck about reality and everything it entails.
Dress up. Be smart. Be pretty. Be arrogant. Be haughty. Be even yourself.
See if I give a fuck.

So what will it be?
And why should I care?
I've forgotten how to care.
Smoke and mirrors.
Dust and old photos.
Nothing.


First picture: Bartek Borowiec, second picture: Andrej Pejic.

No comments: