Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mistake

I am sure I have made a mistake somewhere.
It can't be explained otherwise.
It makes no sense.
All my choices, though valid, take me to dead ends.
I rerun this story in my head and yet find no escape.
But this is not how it was supposed to turn out.
No, it was not.

What have I done wrong?
Your hands, my beloved, look so immaculate.
What have I done?
My eyes cannot be read anymore.
You will never know.
Even if the time comes, you'll never know.
I'll make it gentle.

But late at night
When I toss and turn in my bed
Thinking over and over again
this sad turn of events, that might turn me
into the hand of fate
Who will take away my sin?
Who will grant me sleep?

Even you
the one supposed to love and forgive us all
the one who stayed in delicate balance
you ask me to do
what you could never.
You cannot absolve me.
I cannot absolve me.
I can only pray
that future will never come to pass.

1 comment:

Bruno said...

Sometimes the so-called-Lord asks through some signs he wants us to do something for Him/Her... Thins he/she could not do while he/she hanged around here.

We're supposed to be kept in delicate balance, but its not delicate, nowdays... People, Outter world, Life, Death, the friends, cars, streets, passing people, smiles, wepts nd so on keeps us in violent balances... Like if we're hanging a stick over a balancing rope, which doesn't helps to keep up there, but we can keep our balance over that rope with all the wind and earthquakes... Hope you're following my line of thought - I you're! ;)

Keep strong... Nothing is foreverlasting... Not even Death!